Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sometimes I feel like my brain is just going to explode.

So much info.

So much to do.

So many people to see, places to go, ideas to think about and ponder.

I keep thinking that it would be nice to have all the answers already.

If I had 3 wishes from a genie, they would be simple. First, a long physically and mentally and emotionally healthy life. Second, always enough money in my pocket, bank account, stock portfolio, etc., to get whatever I happen to need or want at the moment, including enough to give away to whomever I felt needed it.

The third is always the kicker. I would want to live my life through to close to the end, and then be able to start over at age 11, but knowing then what I knew at the end of my life. Seems like we would all like a do over, wouldn't we? Knowing whom to avoid, what friends to keep and which to drop, knowing a lot of what will happen next.

Then I wonder, would things turn out any better?


Today is:

All or Nothing Day (Don't tell my Sweetie! He thinks this is a good philosophy to live by.)

Aunt and Uncle Day (Silly joke alert: If a lion eats my dad's sister, what is he? An Aunt eater!)

Bagelfest

Black-eyed Peas Jamboree, Texas

Curacao Day (As usual, this means the day a place was "discovered" by Europeans. Got news for you, it had already been discovered, and if you think trouble with immigrants is new, ask the people who lived in Curacao then.)

Central Maine Egg Festival (I guess the rest of Maine celebrates their eggs at another time.)

FBI Day

Footnote Appreciation Day

National Coffee Milkshake Day

One Voice Day

Parent's Day

Slepnir (Celtic Horse Festival)

Somers Day, Bermuda

St. Anne's Day

St. Bartolomea Capitanio


St. Joachim's Day


Birthdays Today:
Dorothy Hamill, 1956
Mick Jagger, 1943
Jason Robards, Jr., 1922
Vivian Vance, 1912
Gracie Allen, 1902
George Bernard Shaw, 1856



Today in History:

Pope Clement IV forms the Inquisition in Rome, 1267
Island of Curacao "discovered" by Alonso de Ojeda, 1499
Benjamin Franklin creates the United States Post Office in Philadelphia, 1775
Earthquake in Naples/Calabria kills about 26,000, 1805
"Black Bart", wild west stagecoach robber, makes his last clean getaway, 1878

1 comment:

  1. I have often wondered about a "do over" life. But yeah, would we really do things all that better a second time around, or would we just make a whole new set of mistakes?

    I'd like to think the former.

    Though age 11 is SUCH a tough age no matter how self-aware and wise you are. I'm not sure I'd really want to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.