Sunday, August 9, 2009

This morning's blog started out to be one big whine fest (want some cheese with that?), so I canned it. I am frustrated by so much right now.

I have come to the point of considering a clothes dryer a luxury item, because of the electricity used to run it. I keep trying to switch to a cheaper phone plan, and they keep raising the prices. I want to get rid of the tv, but the family would stage a rebellion.

I feel like we could make do with so much less, if only the family would cooperate more. I have cut what I could where I can and the rest they fight me on, tooth and claw. I have cut my own needs down to bare minimum, to the point of rationing my food intake to make sure I don't waste a penny.

I get complaints, especially from brother-in-law, if there is not enough of the choice items to go around. I see so much waste, although less and less of that is food, as we have less food in the house. Twice as much shampoo used as they need. Handfuls of paper towels used where one would do.

In all of this, I am the horrible ogre.

It's a tough role, and I am tired.

I guess, no matter how much I rewrite and edit, this whole thing is a whine.

Sorry, the cheese is being saved for a recipe tomorrow night.


Today is:

Assistance Dog Day

Book Lover's Day

Chih Nu, China (Feast of the Milky Way)

Cranham Feast, Gloucestershire, England

Goblin Ugly Contest -- Fairy Calendar

Independence Day, Singapore

International Day of the World's Indigenous People

Jesse Owens Day

National Polka Festival

National Rice Pudding Day

Popcorn Festival

Sanus, Libya

St. Matthias' Day

Sutter Creek Ragtime Festival, California

Veep Day


Birthdays Today:

Gillian Anderson, 1968
Delon Sanders, 1967
Sam Elliot, 1944
P.L. Travers, 1899
Joseph Locke, 1805
Amedeo Avogadro, 1776


Today in History:

Battle of Pharsalus, in which Julius Caesar defeated Pompey, who fled to Egypt, BC 40
Start of construction of the Tower of Pisa, 1173
Sistine Chapel opens, 1483
First horses arrive in Hawai'i, 1803
Elevator patented, 1859

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog through Oma aka Meme's blog. Nice to meet you. We try to cut back every way we can also. It is just the two of us so it's not too bad. Hoping you have had a good afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.