Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Snack

#2 Son can really pack it away, and stay skinny as a stick.

His snack when he came by to visit.  Seven corn dogs in his lap, one in his hands.

Linking up with Wordless Wednesday


Today is:

Bison-Ten-Yell Day -- celebrating the imaginary Bison-Ten-Yell, inventor of 10 battle yells now used as American football signals

Celtic Tree Month Muin (Vine) begins

Columbia County Fair -- Chatham, NY, US (be a kid again at the 175th annual fair; through US Labor Day)

Coughing and Spluttering Convention -- Fairy Calendar

Feast of Osiris -- Ancient Egyptian Calendar (date approximate)

Independence Day -- Transdniestria

National Blueberry Popsicle Day

National Day -- Vietnam

Nugget Best in the West Rib Cook-Off -- Sparks, NV, US (with rib cookers from across the country competing, this is a rib eater's delight, and even includes a rib-eating contest and free nightly concerts; through Labor Day)

Pierce Your Ears Day -- does a kitten screaming in my ear count?  oh, since the person who decided we should celebrate this today didn't leave a trace, i guess it's okay to interpret any way we want

Sacrifice to Hekate and Artemis -- Ancient Greek Calendar (date approximate)

Sedantag -- Germany

St. Agricola of Avignon's Day (Patron of rain -- for or against, whichever you need! -- of good weather and storks; Avignon, France; against misfortune and plague epidemics)

Tug of War World Championships -- Belfast, Northern Ireland (hosted this year by the Northern Ireland Tug-of-War Association, and fun whether you are an enthusiast or just looking to watch the fun; through Sunday)

VJ Day -- Surrender Ceremony took place on this date aboard the USS Missouri


Anniversary Today:

Beginning of the Marathon Runs during the Persian War, Sept. 2-9, 490BC


Birthdays Today:

Cynthia Watros, 1968
Salma Hayek, 1966
Lennox Lewis, 1965
Keanu Reeves, 1964
Linda Purl, 1955
Jimmy Connors, 1952
Mark Harmon, 1951
Eric Dickerson, 1950
Christa McAuliffe, 1948
Nathaniel “Tiny” Archibald, 1948
Terry Bradshaw, 1948
Peter Victor Ueberroth, 1937
Marge Champion, 1923
Cleveland Amory, 1917
Lili'uokalani, 1838
James Forten, 1766


Debuting/Premiering Today:

"Rose-Marie"(Operetta), 1924
"East of Suez"(Play), 1922
Ordinance on the Danish Church(Publication Date), 1637


Today in History:

Cicero's first Philippic (oratorical attack) on Marc Antony, BC44
Pharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt declares her son co-ruler as Ptolemy XV Caesarion, BC44
Octavian's troops win the Battle of Actium which ends the Final war of the Roman Republic, BC31
The Great Fire of London breaks out and burns for three days; it ends with 8 dead and 13,000 houses destroyed, 1666
Great Britain adopts the Gregorian calendar, nearly two centuries later than most of Western Europe, 1752
US Treasury Dept. is established by Congress, 1789
The solar super storm continues to affect electrical telegraph service, 1859
Theodore Roosevelt adivses the US to "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." 1901
President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam becomes the first foreign head of state to make a state visit to Australia, 1957
The Principality of Sealand is established, ruled by Prince Paddy Roy Bates, 1967
Swissair Flight 111 crashes near Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia; all 229 people on board are killed, 1998
Pope Benedict hosts an eco-festival, "Save Creation Day," in Loreto, Italy, to encourage Catholics to live an eco-friendly lifestyle, 2007
Ending a 50-year ban on veiled female news presenters, Egypt's state television gives its female presenters a choice of wearing, or not wearing, a veil, 2012
Swimmer Diana Nyad makes history, becoming the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without a shark cage, 2013
The public learns about AT&T's The Hemisphere Project, which gives telephone call data to law enforcement agencies, including the DEA, 2013

13 comments:

  1. I've been told there are things in the USA called corn dogs. Is this what they are? :) if so then wow, I wish I had his metabolism :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, those are corn dogs. Corn dogs and I don't get along stemming from an incident in my childhood. Glad your son loves them.

    Here's my Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they are tasty lol :-)

    Have a cornytastic day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to show hubby those corn dogs. He loves them, but they don't love him back.

    I too can remember being rail thin and eating whatever I wanted. Oh to have those days back.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had a corn dog in my life. I guess they're not good for me. They might add more pounds to my body and I'm trying to lose not gain. I'm glad that your son enjoys the. I'll let him eat my corn dogs. Enjoy.
    Have an enjoyable corn dog Wednesday my friend. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. His cells are dividing at breakneck speed and he needs the fuel of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am blessed and have blessed my daughters with my fast metabolism, but we don't have that big of an appetite. It would take all three of us to put those eight corn dogs away. Don't forget the fries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never had a corn dog - what's in it ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could eat a bunch of corn dogs, which I love, and stay skinny as a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I have his metabolism!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy. I can't think of anything I want to eat 7 of!! maybe some wild blueberries, because they are so small.
    shamefully, I could probably have 7 cups of coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.