Feline Friday is simple to join. All you have to do is..
1) post a picture, drawing, cartoon or video of a cat (They may be silly or cute)
2) go to Steve's page, linked above, then on the menu bar click on the Feline Friday tab to get the code
3) paste the code under your cat picture
4) add your name and link
That’s all there is to it! Be sure to check back every so often and visit all the Feline Friday bloggers. Also, please leave a nice comment on their blogs. Nasty comments will be deleted!
All four of our fosters have found homes. This does not mean, however, that we don't have plenty of lovely cats and kittens still available for adoption.
|We'll give snuggles for a good home!|
|We play almost non-stop!|
Friendly Fill-Ins are easy to do. There are four statements: the first two statements are provided by Ellen of 15AndMeowing, and the final two are offered by McGuffy Ann Morris of McGuffy's Reader. They try to make sure the statements will be fun to both answer and share. The linky will be posted at or about 12:00 AM on Friday. Please head over to one of their sites, link up, and share your thoughts!
My fill-ins for the statements are underlined:
Week 30: December 2, 2016
1. I have a hard time finding a gift for __________.
2. I have no problem finding a gift for __________.
3. One of the best gifts I ever gave was __________________.
4. One of the best gifts I ever received was __________________.
1. I have a hard time finding a gift for Grandma and Grandpa. Daughter-in-law Becky summed it up when she and #2 Son were looking for a gift for Grandpa's birthday. "What does he like besides Jesus, pistachio nuts, and his favorite college football team?" That's really about all he likes, and she likes painting and scrapbooking and making things and singing. They both have everything they need or want, or could go get it themselves. It's very challenging to come up with ideas.
2. I have no problem finding a gift for my children, because they want cash so they can go get whatever it is they want that i'd have no idea how to find.
3. One of the best gifts i ever gave was when i sold my engagement ring so i could buy Sweetie an amp he wanted. He was floored when it came because he knew we didn't have the money for it.
4. One of the best gifts i ever received was when i was not feeling well and the children, rather young at the time, let me take a nap and then brought me "dinner". It was some of every cereal we had in the house mixed in one bowl with milk on it, and it was noxious and i ate every scrap because of the love it represented.
Chichibu Yomatsuri -- Chichibu shrine, Chichibu, Saitama Prefecture, Japan (one of Japan's most impressive night parties; through tomorrow)
Christmas Walk and House Tour -- Geneva, IL, US (with appearances by St. Lucia and Santa Claus, lighting the tree in the Courhouse Square, home tours, and special events sponsored by local businesses; through tomorrow)
Dickens on the Strand -- Galveston, TX, US (a Victorian Christmas presented by the Galveston Historical Foundation; through Sunday)
Farmers' Day -- Ghana
Faux Fur Friday
Festival of the Finger Stalls -- Fairy Calendar
Flag Day -- Saba Island, Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba
Gospel Day -- Marshall Islands (Kamolol, a day of Thanksgiving)
International Day for the Abolition of Slavery -- UN
National Day -- Laos; United Arab Emirates (trad.)
National Fritters Day
National Mutt Day -- US (because mixed breeds need an extra chance)
Oshiroi Matsuri -- Fukuoka, Japan (Face Paint Festival, to ask for good harvest next year)
Safety Razor Day -- the first disposable razor blades were patented by King Gillette this day in 1901
Special Education Day -- US (anniversary of the first US special education law in 1975)
St. Bibiana's Day (Patron of epileptics, mentally ill people, single laywomen, torture victims; against epilepsy, hangovers, headaches, insanity, mental illness; and, appropriately considering the aforementioned list, Los Angeles, CA)
Walter Plinge Day -- UK (the British equivalent to George Spelvin, a name used to disguise the fact that an actor is playing more than one part in a production, but Walter was based on a real pub owner who was generous to actors)
Winterfest -- Luverne, MN, US (winter fun for all, through Sunday)
Britney Spears, 1981
Nelly Furtado, 1978
Monica Seles, 1973
Lucy Liu, 1968
Randy Gardner, 1958
Dennis Christopher, 1955
Dan Butler, 1954
Stone Phillips, 1954
Cathy Lee Crosby, 1948
T. Coraghessan Boyle, 1948
Gianni Versace, 1946
William Wegman, 1943
Julie Harris, 1925
Maria Callas, 1923
Randolph Hearst, 1915
Charles Ringling, 1863
Georges Seurat, 1859
Naked Gun(Film), 1988
"Mystery of Edwin Drood"(Musical), 1985
"Imus in the Morning"(Radio), 1961
Dancing Lady(Film), 1933 (first appearance of Fred Astaire)
"The Adventures of Charlie Chan"(Radio), 1932
Model A Ford, 1927 (first sold on this date, for $385)
"Sie Versunkene Glocke/The Sunken Bell"(Hauptmann play), 1896
"Samson et Dalila/Samson and Delilah"(Saint-Saens opera, Op. 47), 1877
"La Favorite/The Favorite"(Donizetti opera), 1840
Today in History:
The University of Leipzig opens, 1409
Dedication of the Touro Synagogue, in Newport, Rhode Island, the first synagogue in what became the United States, 1763
Napoleon defeats the Russians and Austrians at Austerlitz, 1805
The first Savings bank in the US opens, the Philadelphia Savings Fund Society, 1816
US President James Monroe declares his "Monroe Doctrine", 1823
US President James K. Polk declares it is the "Manifest Destiny" of the US to expand into the West, 1845
Charles Dickens gives his first public reading in the US, in NYC, 1867
King Camp Gillette patents the safety razor, 1901
Pu Yi (Hsuan-T'ung) became China's Last Emperor at age 2, 1908
Following 19 years of Ford Model T production, the Ford Motor Company unveils the Ford Model A, 1927
A team led by Enrico Fermi initiates the first self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction, 1942
Riots break out in Jerusalem in response to the approval of the 1947 UN Partition Plan, 1947
The Granma yacht reaches the shores of Cuba's Oriente province and Fidel Castro, Che Guevara and 80 other members of the 26th of July Movement disembark to initiate the Cuban Revolution, 1956
Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, and Umm Al Quwain form the United Arab Emirates, 1971
Benazir Bhutto is sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan, becoming the first woman to head the government of an Islam-dominated state, 1988
A coalition led by Chancellor Helmut Kohl wins the first free all-German elections since 1932, 1990
The United Kingdom devolves political power in Northern Ireland to the Northern Ireland Executive, 1999
NASA announces finding an arsenic based life form on Earth, 2010