Feline Friday was started by Steve, The Burnt Food Dude, and i'm going to believe it's because he likes cats.
He has handed hosting duties off to Sandee, of Comedy Plus, and it's simple to join, just follow the link to Sandee's page for the rules and the code.
Link is giving his opinion of how his Chewy box got turned sideways, while Dansig looks on.
Friendly Fill-Ins are easy to do. There are four statements: the first two statements are provided by Ellen of 15AndMeowing, and the final two are offered by Lorianne The Menagerie Mom of Four-Legged Furballs. They try to make sure the statements will be fun to both answer and share. The linky will be posted at or about 12:00 AM on Friday. Please head over to one of their sites, link up, and share your thoughts!
Here are this week's statements with my responses underlined:
1. I plan to ___________________ these last few days of August.
2. I am a ________________________.
3. _________ is proving difficult these days.
4. Have I ever told you about the time that I _________?
1. I plan to pray a lot these last few days of August. It's starting to look like we're in for a bit of rough weather that might delay Uncle P's funeral.
2. I am a weirdo vegetarian.
3. Getting through my housekeeping jobs as quickly as i used to is proving difficult these days. There are so many phone calls and things to deal with that slow me down, but i'm glad my work allows me to stop and do those things when i need to.
4. Have I ever told you about the time that I caught #1 Son ripping a book? He was very young, and supposed to be napping. When i heard a noise coming from his room, i listened at the door. He would tell himself something about the picture in the book he was looking at, then rip the page out and go on to the next one. When i went in horrified, and made him help me tape the pages back in, he realized he'd best not ever do that again.
Banana Lover's Day
Be Kind to Humankind Week: Forgive Your Foe Friday
Birthday of Isis -- Ancient Egyptian Calendar (date approximate)
Daffodil Day -- Australia (the Cancer Council's big fundraiser)
Day Sacred to Consus -- Ancient Roman Calendar (god of graineries, horses, and mules)
Feast Day of Pan -- Ancient Greek Calendar (date approximate)
Feast of Incandescent Rebellion -- on lots of websites, and supposedly something celebrated in China, but no detail as to what it is really celebrating
Just Because Day -- internet generated, enjoy something ordinary you like to do, just because!
National Pots de Creme Day
Petroleum Day -- on the anniversary of the opening of the first commercial oil well in Titusvilla, PA, US, in 1859, a day set aside to work on figuring out how to do without petroleum
Senior Race Day -- Isle of Man (although the races have been cancelled, the holiday has not!)
St. Caesarius' Day (Patron against fire)
St. Monica's Day (Mother of St. Augustine; Patron of abuse victims, alcoholics, difficult marriages, disappointing children, homemakers, married women, mothers, victims of adultery and unfaithfulness, victims of verbal abuse, widows, wives; Bevilacqua, Italy; Mabini, Bohol, Philippines)
"The Duchess" Who Wasn't Day -- birthday of Margaret Wolfe Hungerford, who wrote under the pseudonym "The Duchess" and first said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" in her novel, Molly Bawn
Threethousandth Thnork of the Year -- Fairy Calendar
Volturnalia -- Ancient Roman Calendar (god of water)
Ziua Republicii -- Moldova (Independence Day, 1991)
Sarah Chalke, 1976
Chandra Wilson, 1969
Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens, 1952
Barbara Bach, 1947
Tuesday Weld, 1943
Tommy Sands, 1937
Martha Raye, 1916
Mother Teresa, 1910
Lyndon B. Johnson, 1908
C.S. Forester, 1899
Samuel Goldwyn, 1882
Theodore Dreiser, 1871
Charles Gates Dawes, 1865
Hannibal Hamlin, 1809
"Good Sex! with Dr. Ruth Westheimer"(TV), 1984
Mary Poppins(Disney film), 1964
"Prométhée/Prometheus"(Fauré tragédie lyrique), 1900
Today in History
The Persian invasion of Greece is halted with Greek victories in two separate battles, BC479
Koreans battle and prevent Japanese invasion, 663
The first unmanned hydrogen balloom flight reaching 900 m altitude, 1783
Petroleum is discovered in Titusville, Pennsylvania leading to the world's first commercially successful oil well, 1859
The shortest war in world history occurs from 09:00 to 09:45 between the United Kingdom and Zanzibar, 1896
Edgar Rice Burroughs' publishes "Tarzan of the Apes", 1912
First flight of the turbojet-powered Heinkel He 178, the world's first jet aircraft, 1939
The Mariner 2 unmanned space mission is launched to Venus by NASA, 1962
Turkish military diplomat Colonel Atilla Altikat is shot and killed in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 1982
The Rainbow Bridge, connecting Tokyo's Shibaura and the island of Odaiba, is completed, 1993
Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in nearly 60,000 years, 2003
Curiosity, the Mars rover, broadcasts its first audio recording of a human voice from the surface of another planet, 2012
The UN releases a report saying that Myanmar military leaders should face genocide and crimes against humanity charges for violence against Rohingya, 2018