Friday, February 4, 2022

Demo (Feline Friday) and Friendly Fill-Ins

 ***********************************






Feline Friday was started by Steve, The Burnt Food Dude, and i'm going to believe it's because he likes cats.

He has handed hosting duties off to Sandee, of Comedy Plus, and it's simple to join, just follow the link to Sandee's page for the rules and the code.


Sally is demonstrating how to rest and eat at the same time.










***********************************






Friendly Fill-Ins are easy to do. There are four statements: the first two statements are provided by Ellen of 15AndMeowing, and the final two are offered by Lorianne The Menagerie Mom of Four-Legged Furballs. They try to make sure the statements will be fun to both answer and share. The linky will be posted at or about 12:00 AM on Friday. Please head over to one of their sites, link up, and share your thoughts!      


Here are this week's statements with my responses underlined:



1. I feel _______________ when I ____________________.


2. I wish I could erase ______________from my memory to free up some space.


3. Others probably find it annoying that I _________.


4. _________ really needs to be invented.



1. I feel   tired  when I   get home from work.


2. I wish I could erase   old passwords  from my memory to free up some space   for the new passwords that i can't recall because the old get in the way.


3. Others probably find it annoying that I   can't sing but love to anyway.


4. A better means of transport than something that burns fossil fuels and has rubber tires  really needs to be invented.



***********************************



Today is:


Biezputras Diena (Porrige Day) -- Ancient Latvian Calendar (date unconfirmed, some sites suggest it's always on a Sunday before Feb. 23 instead)


Bubble Gum Day -- US Schools (with the principal's permission, pay a $.50 fine and get to chew gum at school today; money is to be donated to a charity the school chooses)  


Create-A-Vacuum Day -- an internet generated celebration of the nothingness of vacuums


General Thaddeus Kosciuszko Day -- Poland (birth anniversary)


Give Kids A Smile Day -- US (ADA sponsors dentists giving free care to children from low-income families)


Homemade Soup Day


Independence Day -- Sri Lanka


King Frost Day -- London (Celebrated yearly until WWI, in remembrance of the frozen River Thames on this day in 1814.)


Liberation Day -- Angola


National Stuffed Mushroom Day


National Wear Red Day -- US (wear red for women's heart health awareness)


Quacker Day -- for those who love Quacker Factory clothes


Spoiled Cats' Day -- internet generated, and isn't this every day?


St. Andrew Corsini's Day (Patron of Carmelites; against civil disorder and riots)


St. John de Brito's Day (Patron of Portugal; Sivagangai, India)


Thank A Mailperson/Postal Worker Day -- because someone decided it would be a good day to do that, and put it on the internet


USO Day -- US (founded this date in 1941)


World Cancer Day -- International   



Anniversaries Today:


United Service Organizations (USO) founded, 1941

The University of Wisconsin is established, with one classroom and 20 students, 1849



Birthdays Today:


Natalie Imbruglia, 1975

Oscar De La Hoya, 1973

Gabrielle Anwar, 1971

Michael Goorjian, 1971

Rod corddry, 1971

Clint Black, 1962

Lawrence Taylor, 1959

Lisa Eichhorn, 1952

Alice Cooper, 1948

Dan Quayle, 1947

George A. Romero, 1940

Jhn Schuck, 1940

David Brenner, 1936

Gary Conway, 1936

Betty Friedan, 1921

Ida Lupino, 1918

Rosa Parks, 1913

Clyde W. Tombaugh, 1906

Dietrich Bonhoeffer, 1906

Charles Lindbergh, 1902

Tadeusz Kosciuszko, 1746



Debuting/Premiering Today:


Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours"(Album), 1977



Today in History:


The Roman Emperor Septimius Severus dies, leaving the Roman Empire in the hands of his two quarrelsome sons, Caracalla and Geta, 211

The coronation of Zhao Kuangyin as Emperor Taizu of Song, initiating the Song Dynasty period of China that would last more than three centuries, 960

Maximilian I assumes the title Holy Roman Emperor without being crowned, 1508

Tycho Brahe and Johannes Kepler meet for the first time near Prague 1600

In Edo (now Tokyo), The 47 Ronin commit seppuku (ritual suicide) after avenging the death of their master, 1703

The worst earthquake in 8 years in Calabria, Italy, leaves 50,000 dead, 1783

The first Anglican bishops of New York and Pennsylvania are consecrated in London, 1787

George Washington is unanimously elected as the first President of the United States by the U.S. Electoral College, 1789

The French National Convention proclaims the abolishment of slavery, 1794

An earthquake in Quito, Ecuador, kills 41,000, 1797

J.W. Goodrich introduces his rubber galoshes to the public, 1824

The Mormons of Nauvoo, Missouri, leave to go west, eventually settling in Utah, 1846

The Codex Sinaiticus is found at the Greek Monastery of Mount Sinai, 1859

The first rolling lift bridge opens, in Chicago, 1895

The first Winter Olympics games close at Chamonix, France, 1924

The first tieless, soundless, shockless streetcar tracks open, in New Orleans, 1930

Radium E is the first radioactive substance to be produced synthetically, 1936

The United Service Organization (USO) is created to entertain American troops, 1941

Lunar Orbiter 3 lifts off from Cape Canaveral's Launch Complex 13 on its mission to identify possible landing sites for the Surveyor and Apollo spacecraft, 1967

After at first contesting the results, Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic recognizes opposition victories in the November 1996 elections, 1997

Facebook, a mainstream online social network is founded by Mark Zuckerberg, 2004

The Federal Court of Australia's ruling in Roadshow Films v iiNet sets a precedent that Internet service providers (ISPs) are not responsible for what their users do with the services the ISPs provide them, 2010

The remains found the previous year in a dig at Leicester are confirmed to be those of King Richard III of England, 2013

Morocco's Mohammed VI switches on world's largest solar plant near Ouarzazate, 2016

Denmark approves plans for world's first energy island in the North Sea to provide power to 3 million Europeans, 2021

16 comments:

  1. Love your fill ins. I dread it each time I am told that my password has expired and needs to be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally doe have an amazing talent heheh!

    I liked the fill ins #3 made me laugh ha!

    Have a memorytastic weekend 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi,

    I had to smile over the kitty's name. For some reason, it's still mystery to me, our oldest daughter would name all of her baby dolls "Sally" when she was small. Without fail, I'd give her a doll and say, "What do you want to name her?" and she'd reply, "Salllweee."

    I stopped years ago trying to remember passwords. I began keeping a list of them in a document. Every time I needed to make a change, I was sure to jot it down. Last year, we got subscription service for a password manager through the same outfit that provides our VPN (virtual private network) service. This password manager has made things a ton easier for me. :)


    New means of transportation that doesn't require fuel or tire. I think you call that your two-legs and that's been around since the beginning of time. lol

    Have a good weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same problem with passwords. I get so cross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fill ions. Old passwords need to be permanently erased from my brain as well!
    I'd like to invent a tasty, filling, nutritious crop that can grow everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat made me smile. There a multi tasking kitty right there.

    Love your fill-ins. I'm with you on the passwords. I just got a new laptop a few weeks ago. Oh the passwords. Oh the passwords I had to change.

    Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally makes me laugh. Yes, that is multi tasking. I am finding it hard to remember so many passwords.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally is one smart kitty ~ not wasting any time ~ sweet photo ~ Xo
    Great fill ins ~ so true ~ namaste,

    Wishing you joy in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats certainly know how to do things the lazy way! The photo of Sally made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling smartee pants kitty! And should I wave my magic wand to make #4 come true? Would be nice fer sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to have all my passwords in a file, I could never keep track of them. Then Hubs tries to go onto a site, resets the password, forgets what he reset it to and the next time I try to go there,I can't get in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those were good answers and Sally really is quite the cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sally is adorable. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers.
    I agree with #4. And I bet you sing better than I do. :) Have a nice weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's this about passwords expiring and needing to be changed? I've never heard of that. Not for my home stuff anyway. Back when I was working we had to have a password to sign in to the checkout and that needed changing every three months which was pretty stupid in my opinion. I never understood why. Here at home I still use the passwords I began with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.