Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Using Up the Week Early, a Random and Happy Tuesday Post

 ***********************************







It's time once again for a random and happy Tuesday, linking up with Stacy's Random Thoughts at Stacy Uncorked and Sandee at Comedy Plus 


Mondays are long when they involve both Carl and Ms. JAI.  It makes me feel like i've gone through most of a week already and it's still not even Wednesday.


Carl's mother has a rule, all food must be covered (to keep it from attracting bugs).


Carl's interpretation:


If it's on a paper plate, just cover it with another paper plate, that will do it!


Multiple times yesterday he said he desperately needed something from his car, so we finally went out there to find and retrieve it.  He came in and went back to the kitchen and i found it in the hallway.


The Bible and protein bars he had to have immediately if not sooner.


Ms. V has one of those washers with an agitator in the center.  That might not mean much to you, but to me it means the wash drum doesn't turn when the machine is finished and you are getting the clothes out.  Any clothes stuck at the back of the wash drum become difficult to reach.



Yes, like that.


While we're on the subject:





















Have a blessed and beautiful Tuesday, everyone!





***********************************



Today is:


Celebrate Your Name Week -- Tuesday:  Unique Names Day, a day to appreciate friends, acquaintances, and loved ones with unique names


Day of No Interest to Fairies -- Fairy Calendar


Girls Write Now Day -- on International Women's Day, encouraging girls as the makers of future history to put pen to paper and make their voices heard


International Women's Day -- also celebrated as:

     Day for Women's Rights and International Peace -- UN

     Mother's Day -- Afghanistan; Albania; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Belarus; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Kazakhstan; Kosovo; Laos; Macedonia; Montenegro; Republic of Moldova; Russia; Serbia; Slovenia; Tajikistan; Vietnam


National Peanut Cluster Day


National Proofreading Day -- to promote accuracy in written messages


Organize Your Home Office Day -- Lisa Kanarek wants everyone to organize their home office on the second Tuesday in March; my response is:  in one day!  is she out of her mind!


Revolution Day -- Syria


St. John of God's Day (Patron of alcoholics, bookbinders, booksellers, dying people, firefighters, heart patients, hospitals, hospital workers, nurses, publishers, printers, sick people; Tultepec, Mexico; against alcoholism, bodily ills and sickness)



Anniversary Today:


Harry Hamlin marries Nicollette Sheridan, 1991



Birthdays Today:


Marcia Newby, 23, 1988

Bob, Clint, and Dave Moffatt, 1984

Kat Von D, 1982

James Van der Beek, 1977

Freddie Prinze, Jr., 1976

Kathy Ireland, 1963

Camryn Manheim, 1961

Aidan Quinn, 1959

James Edward "Jim" Rice, 1953

Carole Bayer Sager, 1947

Micky Dolenz, 1945

Lynn Redgrave, 1943

Susan Clark, 1940

Raynoma Gordy Singleton, 1937

Cyd Charisse, 1923

Alan Hale, Jr., 1921

Claire Trevor, 1909

Louise Beavers, 1902

Kenneth Grahame, 1859

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., 1841

Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, 1714



Debuting/Premiering Today:


"Mary, Mary"(Play), 1961

Symphony No. 2 in D major(Sibelius Op. 43), 1901

"Don Quixote"(Straus Op. 35), 1898

"Emilia Galotti"(Play), 1772



Today in History:


William Claxton completes his translation from French into English of Mirror of the World; as England's first printer, he will soon turn this into England's first illustrated print book, 1481

John Casor becomes the first legally-recognized slave in what will be the United States, 1655

Anne Stuart, sister of Mary II, becomes Queen regnant of England, Scotland, and Ireland, 1702

Thomas Paine's "African Slavery in America," the first article in the U.S. calling for the emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery is published, 1775

Gnadenhütten massacre: Ninety-six Native Americans in Gnadenhutten, Ohio, who had converted to Christianity are killed by Pennsylvania militiamen in retaliation for raids carried out by other Indians, 1782

The New York Stock Exchange is founded, 1817

The first train crosses the first US railway suspension bridge at Niagara Falls, 1855

Everett Horton of Connecticut patents a fishing rod of telescoping steel tubes, 1887

International Women's Day is launched in Copenhagen, Denmark, by Clara Zetkin, leader of the Women's Office for the Social Democratic Party in Germany, 1911

Mahatma Gandhi starts civil disobedience in India, 1930

Daytona Beach Road Course holds their first oval stock car race, 1936

Phyllis M Daley is the first black nurse sworn-in as US Navy ensign, 1945

Ghana joins the United Nations, 1957

The first radio episode of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams, is transmitted on BBC Radio 4, 1978

Philips demonstrates the Compact Disc publicly for the first time, 1979

Martina Navratilova becomes the 1st tennis player to earn $10 million, 1986

The Supreme Court of the United States upholds the murder convictions of Timothy McVeigh for the Oklahoma City bombing, 1999

The first comprehensive map of the debris field of the RMS Titanic is revealed, 2012

The Aboriginal DNA study by University of Adelaide shows that the Aboriginal population dates back 50,000 years from one migration, 2017


13 comments:

  1. My friend is so short he has to stand on a ladder to shave in the morning.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I am neither tall or short. Being short has its disadvantages but also advantages which tall people don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi,

    I can relate to short people problems. I'm 5'2" which isn't extraordinarily short but I am limited to what I can reach and getting to the bottom back of a washer machine is one of them. Our previous washer had an agitator which frequently snagged dangling things. What was really confusing to me is how on earth some thing actually got caught around the main middle spindle. However, you're so right when a short person mets someone who's even shorter then it makes you feel like a giant. lol Gosh, you know that person has to even feel smaller when standing next to another small person, huh? :D Thanks for sharing some giggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 'medal' for you for taking care of Carl ~ And I can certainly relate to 'short' ~ fun post ~ thanks ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and peace in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi, I couldn't stop laughing with the short memes especially the dryer one. My wife a long time fell into it and I had to pull her out. After that I went a bought a new and different dryer.


    Cruisin paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sun visor thing makes me glad I don't drive. I don't have the bathroom mirror problem because my mirror is huge and comes down low enough that I can see all of my head and most of my shoulders. For most other problems I have a stepladder. In supermarkets if we are seen climbing the shelves and then fall, we have no injury claim, because it is our own fault, so I usually go to the desk and ask for help if I need anything from the top shelf.
    Clothes are a bigger problem, I'm fat as well as short and buying pants that fit around, means they are also way too long from waist to crotch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to all of these short people memes, being just under five feet tall :) Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you talk about Carl. I love Carl. He's most entertaining.

    I'm 5'8" so I don't know about short. I'm happy about that.

    Loved all the short people funnies. I worked with a really short gal and when the song Short People cam out she hated it.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a bit concerned that Carl drives- how does he stay focused?
    I am the person everyone asks to reach things on the top shelf. If I see someone struggling, I always offer to help. I am 5"10" and my arms are freakishly long. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Carl! He's a challenge that's for sure! As I have gotten older I notice that I keep shrinking! Once 5'5" I am now 5'2".....when at the grocery store and some items are waaaaaaaaaaaay up on top- I just look for something long that I can use to knock the desired item off the shelf- or else a tall person to assist. Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carl keeps you hopping doesn't he?
    I am shrinking, so they say, I was 5'5" now I am 5"4". I have a front loading washer. SOmetime reaching to the very back is challenging. I Understand short girl disadvantages. You share goodness here always. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a tall one too, 5'9" in your funny measuring ;) and 176 cm in metrics. It is the perfect height. I can reach the topmost shelves - and am often asked to reach for things for smaller people - I almost never bang my head in door openings, I can buy clothes that fit, and normal duvets, seats in the train and buses fit me ... very practical. Almost all washers and dryers here are front loaders so I never saw this problem before.
    But the getting caught by door handles and such, I can relate to as well. It's not height dependent, I suppose :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, Mom is fairly short and she climbs on the counters at home to reach things and on the shelves at stores too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.