Friday, July 10, 2009

I have decided what I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a philanthropist.

Giving pennies just doesn't feel like enough any more. I want to give more.

Meanwhile, I'll do what I can.

Today is:

Bahamas Independence Day

Clerihew Day (A light form of verse, named after Edmund Clerihew Bentley, whose birthday was today.)

Don't Step on a Bee Day (They are having enough trouble these days.)

Godiva Day (She made her famous ride today in 1040)

Knut the Reaper's Day, Scotland

National Pina Colada Day

Night of Sorrows

Seven Brothers Day

Teddy Bear Picnic Day (So don't worry if your bear goes missing, he'll be back tonight.)

Windjammer Days


Birthdays Today:

Arlo Guthrie
Fred Gwynn


Today in History:

Julius Caesar barely defeats Pompey in Macedonia (48 BC)
Founding of Dublin (988)
Lady Jane Grey, the Nine Days Queen, takes the throne (1553)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.