Thursday, March 23, 2023

Silky Smooth, Part Two (Six Sentence Story)

 ***********************************





(Part One is here.)  



He was surrounded by people who didn't just seem unconcerned about the malevolent spirit he harbored, they were unconcerned.  His charm and charisma were palpable, the woman pretending to read was the only one who knew it was all a cover, and she only knew because she'd run into it before.


Then a young lady with an uncertain look on her face and tension in her pose came toward the bar.  It was what the woman reading had been looking for, the person he would try to seduce, the one who wasn't so charmed by him.  It was as if he had to go after the one who didn't throw herself at him just to prove to himself he could have her.


She set her book down, locked eyes with the young lady and very quietly said, "Cher*, do you need an angel shot with lime?"



Linking up with Denise at Girlie On The Edge Blog, where she hosts Six Sentence Stories, and the cue is Tension.      


(Note:  Asking for an "angel shot" or "angel shot with lime" in a bar, restaurant or lounge is code for feeling uncomfortable about a situation which has developed and asking the staff for protection and help leaving safely.)


*Cher (Cajun French): a term of endearment



***********************************

11 comments:

  1. This is getting interesting, I hope to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have never heard of an angel shot - but love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 👏
    Please, do continue the story, Mimi.
    And I am embarrassed to say that, although the Gatekeeper, I was not familiar with the angel shot.
    Were you, Bar Tender?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting code: "angel shot with lime". I didn't realize realize there were such codes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most excellent installment of a story of both ends of the range of human behavior.
    cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm now wondering if anyone asked me for an angel shot when I ran my bistro! Hard luck if they did, because I wouldn't have known what it meant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write so well ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hooked at Part One. This? Sucked me further into a story only hinted at, where anything (it would appear) can happen.
    Brava, Mimi. Brava.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting info about the angel shot. Also, great story! I'm interested to see how it continues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.