Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I've had this blank screen in front of me, mocking me, as I got dinner in the crock pot and fed kittens and did 2 loads of laundry and got them on the line and fixed breakfast and took care of email and online banking, and still I cannot think of a word.

So, maybe I will pick a random letter. The random number generator said 13, which is the letter M, so here goes.

M for manila, which rhymes with vanilla, which is sometimes very bland, like my life seems to be.

M for many, many hats that I wear.

M for mountains. I haven't been to mountains in years. When #2 Son came home from his vacation with the neighbors, he was very impressed by the mountainous areas they drove through between our swampy flat Louisiana and New York. We need a vacation to some mountains.

M for miles. The number of miles it puts on the van getting Bigger Girl and Neighbor Boy home from school is huge. I count my blessings, though, for if I had no Neighbor Boy's mother to carpool with, it would be twice as many.

M for meow -- the kittens are screaming again, they are dying of hunger, does no one care? After all, it's been almost 1 1/2 hours since they've been fed! How can we be so cruel? Cats are the ultimate drama queens, aren't they?

M for muscles, sore from exercise, and M for mind, tired from too much thinking.

M for my big mouth, which I will now close.

Bored enough already?


Today is:

Alice Doesn't Day

Blessed Dominic of the Mother of God's Day

First Thnork of the Year -- Fairy Calendar

Ilmatar (Finnish goddess of the Water Mother)

Make Your Own Luck Day

National Dog Day

National Cherry Popsicle Day

Namibia Day

Sky Day (Well, we do sort of take it for granted, this is a nice one, celebrate that we have a beautiful sky.)

Sultan's Birthday (on Zanzibar), Tanzania

Susan B. Anthony Day, Massachusetts

St. Zeohyrinnus' Day

Welling Pioneer Day, Canada

Women's Equality Day


Birthdays Today:

Macaulay Culkin, 1980
Branford Marsalis, 1960
Ben Bradlee, 1921
Mother Teresa, 1910
Christopher Isherwood, 1904
Peggy Guggenheim, 1898
Albert "Bertie" von Saksen-Coburg-Gotha, husband of queen Victoria, 1819
Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier, 1743


Today in History:

Chinese invent toilet paper, 580
Michelangelo is commissioned to carve the Pieta, 1498
The Pennsylvania Ministerium, the first Lutheran denomination in North America, is founded in Philidelphia, 1748
John Fitch is granted a US patent for his working steamboat, 1791
Charles Thurber patents a typewriter, 1843
Major eruption of Krakatoa, 36,000 dead, 1883
19th Amendment to the US Constitution, granting women the vote, passes, 1920

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.