Friday, May 26, 2023

Through the Looking Glass, a Monthly Poetry Group Poem

 ***********************************





It's time for the Monthly Poetry Group, hosted by Karen at Baking in a Tornado.  Participants write a poem about a topic one of us chose.  This month, yours truly chose Through the Looking Glass.  Be sure to go check out all the poems.






If I stepped through the looking glass

I wonder what I'd see.

Since everything is backward there,

would I still be me?


Would I become a night owl,

morning rituals eschew,

and would I find, to my chagrin,

I'd become left-handed, too?


Would I sleep on the wrong side

of the bed and fall in getting out?

Perhaps the dog would be walking me

while I wander all about.


Maybe the clocks would run backward

and I might younger grow

which may be good to a certain age,

but would it stop?  I don't know.


Best stay on this side of the looking glass

though it shows me older than I feel by half,

'Cause a mirror may not lie or turn back the clock,

but at least at me it does not laugh!



The other participants:


Karen at Baking in a Tornado     

Diane at On the Border     



***********************************

4 comments:

  1. Smiling at your poem. I suspect I would like to go through the Looking Glass - so long as it remained a two way street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'd like life permanently on the other side of the looking glass, but it might be a fun adventure just to see how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful poetry ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job! I agree. Would everything be backward on the other side?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.