Saturday, August 15, 2009

It is 2pm. I have been up since 4am. It is Saturday.

This is the first chance, in all of that time, that I have had to get to write.

I have bottle fed kittens multiple times.

I am waiting for another kitten to arrive, they just called.

I have done 2 loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, run multiple errands, taken #1 Son to new student orientation at college, and still have several errands to run, and now no way to rest because, as I noted, another kitten is on the way, and it is about 3 weeks younger than the 4 I was brought a couple of days ago.

Three of my 4 kids are not even home, and I still have no time to stop and rest.

How much longer can I go like this?

Since there is no end in sight, I guess I will find out.

There's the door. Another day, another kitten.


Today is:

Best Friends Day

Chauvin Day

Dog Days end

Dormition of the Theotokos -- Orthodox Christian

Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary -- Catholic Christian

Ferragosto, Italy (Oven of August)

Fool's Dance begins, Japan

Great American Tomato Canning Tournament

Great Mother Goddess Day

Independence Day, South Korea, Congo, India

Indian Independence Day (A National Day of Celebration of Indian and American Democracy)

Korea Republic Day

Loaded Dice Day

National Day, Lichtenstein

National Failures Day (May I suggest a book called "Fail Better", a small quotations book about how failure is just the beginning.)

National Homeless Animals Day (I got plenty of those, will be up for adoption in 6-10 weeks if you are interested.)

National Lemon Meringue Pie Day

National Relaxation Day (Wow.)

Our Lady of Flowers Festival, New York, Florida

Our Lady of Monte Festival, Portugal

Sandcastle and Sculpture Day

St. Mary's Day


Birthdays Today:

Joe Jonas, 1989
Ben Affleck, 1972
Melinda Gates, 1964
Jimmy Webb, 1946
Linda Ellerbee, 1944
Mike Connors, 1925
Rose Marie, 1925
Huntz Hall, 1919
Julia Child, 1912
Ethel Barrymore, 1879
Napoleon Bonaparte, 1769


Today in History:

Battle of Roncevaux Pass, the Basques defeat Charles the Great (Charlemagne) and Roland is killed, 778
Macbeth defeats his cousin and rival King Duncan I, who is killed in the battle, and becomes king of Scotland, 1040
Battle of Lumphanan, in which King Macbeth is killed by the forces of Mael Coluim MacDonnchada, 1057
The "Mainz Psalter" is completed, the earliest dated book, 1457
Founding of Panama City, 1519
Jesuit priest St. Francis Xaverius land in Kagoshima, Japan, 1549
The Mayflower sets sail from Southhampton, carrying 102 Pilgrims, 1620
Joseph Haydn departs England, never to return, 1795
Country of Liberia is founded by freed American former slaves, 1824

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.