Friday, June 30, 2023

Flags, a Monthly Poetry Group Post

 ***********************************





It's time for the Monthly Poetry Group, hosted by Karen at Baking in a Tornado.  Participants write a poem about a topic one of us chose.  This month, Diane chose Flags.  Be sure to go check out all the poems.






I set out to learn, when I was a child,

each country's flag, and it was wild!

The encyclopedia, starting with A,

I tried to learn one every day.

I'd often lose track, forget where I was,

or skip a day, just because.

Forgetting which stripes went up and down

or side to side, would make me frown.

I really got bored and could not see

that knowing all this made a difference to me.

While it would be nice to know,

I dropped the whole thing, and so

I finally decided to tender

The white flag of surrender!



The other participants:


Karen at Baking in a Tornado     

Diane at On the Border     



***********************************

5 comments:

  1. Smiling. I have never tried to learn all the flags but suspect I would have been waving the white flag early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge undertaking, I would never have been able to do it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what an adventure with flags ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhh! I used to love identifying them! Now I barely remember the flags of my neighbouring countries!
    Great poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.