Friday, October 27, 2023

Message Me: Monthly Poetry Group

 ***********************************





It's time for the Monthly Poetry Group, hosted by Karen at Baking in a Tornado.  Participants write a poem about a topic one of us chose.  This month, Karen chose Message Me.  Be sure to go check out all the poems.






If we don't need to talk but just

confirm something, like a meeting time,

could you please just message me,

that would be sublime.


Be careful with those messages, though,

and watch for evil autocorrect.

Sending the wrong thing might be funny

or it might put your life through heck.


I sent my Sweetie a selfie and asked

"Does this dress make my butt look big?"

Autocorrect changed his "Noo!" to "Moo!"

and I about sent him to the brig.


There are other messaging problems,

like acronyms I had to learn,

though I really didn't want to,

to use them you shouldn't spurn.


Since I really didn't know them,

I took time to message my son,

and when he responded back, I thought

this really won't be fun.


I asked, "What do these mean:

IDK,LY, and TTYL?"

He said, "I don't know, love you, talk to you later."

I sent back, "I'll ask your sister, she'll tell."


Be careful about that number

before you that message send,

if you don't check the number,

you just might scare a friend.


My son called in a panic,

asking me if something was wrong.

I told him all was well,

everything was coming along.


He said he'd received a message,

it said, "Hurry, call your mom!"

He'd dropped everything and done it,

such a message is like a bomb.


As we talked he looked again,

and realized it was a friend

who was trying to text his own brother

and didn't look before he hit send.


Yes, message me if it's short and sweet,

but first please do take care,

making sure of the words and acronyms,

and that you want to send it there.




The other participants:


Karen at Baking in a Tornado     

Diane at On the Border     



***********************************

3 comments:

  1. Fun poem about the inadvertent woes of texting. My biggest issue is editing, mine tend to be paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny AND wise.. a rare combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.