Friday, April 28, 2023

Make an Appointment, a Monthly Poetry Group Post

 ***********************************





It's time for the Monthly Poetry Group, hosted by Karen at Baking in a Tornado.  Participants write a poem about a topic one of us chose.  This month, Karen chose Make An Appointment.  Be sure to go check out all the poems.


(I must admit i had a difficult time with this topic and wrote a few short poems instead of one longer one.)






*******



If it's me

you want to see

stop for coffee or tea.


If a house view

is what you want to do

i'll make an appointment for you!



*******



My once lush, lovely eyebrows

had grown so very thin,

I called the lady who does my friend's,

she said she'd pencil me in.



*******



The nice cable repair guy,

said my appointment had been fun,

then, "Can you tell me what time it is?"

I said, "Between nine and one!"



*******



I've an appointment with the anatomy professor,

he's a taskmaster quite grim.

He gives us too much to learn too fast,

I have a bone to pick with him!



*******



Oh, how I love the library,

on reading I am hooked,

and no appointment needed,

which is good, as they're always booked!



*******



The other participants:


Karen at Baking in a Tornado     

Diane at On the Border     



***********************************

10 comments:

  1. You have such a fertile mind, messymimi. How do you come up with such different short poems? Absolutely love the one about your once lush eyebrows. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your short poems are so cute. They made me smile as I read each one. You're such a gifted writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were great, especially pencil me in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few short poems was a great idea. Very clever, you kept me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mind is nothing if not prolific. Love all your short poems. The one with the Cable repair man made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Six kitties all in a row.
    Happy Feline Friday
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried much poetry. A little in school.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very clever little poems :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.