Thursday, April 20, 2023

Best Friend, a Six Sentence Story/Poem

 ***********************************





Another freeform poem for the SSC&B Poetry Slam, hosted by Denise, where the cue word is Second.


Just a second (but I'm ready now!)


In a moment (every moment counts!)


Let me finish (but you'll never finish!)


You are right (I am wise that way!)


We'll go now (there's no time but the present)


Thank you, friend dog, this is what we needed (I knew that!)









***********************************

12 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat here. Very simple, yet very wise indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing this before Clark does: Perfect lifeforms!
    (Sue me for copyright PPC😆)

    Hūnga was waving his tail although the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the conversation with one's friend, the dog. It flowed well. I also liked the message in the image that love is a four "legged" word".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! They always know what is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is definitely a four-lettered word. Last night Lola wrapped her paw around my finger almost like we were holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet 6 sentence story about our sweet 4 legged friends ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not expect the dog to be the second narrator, but that made the poem even better. What a fun poem in two voices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.