Friday, August 25, 2023

All That Glitters -- Monthly Poetry Group

 ***********************************





It's time for the Monthly Poetry Group, hosted by Karen at Baking in a Tornado Participants write a poem about a topic one of us chose.  This month, yours truly chose All That Glitters.  Be sure to go check out all the poems.





They gifted me a "bath melt"

for a birthday surprise,

i had never had one

and it opened up my eyes.


It seemed this one had glitter,

the water sparkled and gleamed,

and i got in to enjoy my soak,

but things were not as they seemed.


The glitter was biodegradable,

they'd made that very clear.

They didn't say it sticks around,

to everything far and near.


Glitter covered the bathtub

and the glitter covered me,

and my hair and the towel and pjs

it was quite a sight to see.


Glitter was in the bed with us

until i washed the sheets,

glitter wouldn't go away,

was on the toilet seats.


Glitter on everything i touched,

for days and days on end.

Don't give me another such "glitter bomb,"

or it'll drive me 'round the bend!



The other participants:


Karen at Baking in a Tornado     

Diane at On the Border     



***********************************

3 comments:

  1. It would drive me round the bend too. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I wondered about those 'glitter' bombs. I wonder no longer...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.